Carrières en thérapie duC sport
On retrouve des thérapeutes du sport très qualifiés et polyvalents dans les environnements suivants:
- Les cliniques privées de thérapie et de médecine du sport
- Les sports professionnels comme la LNH, la LCF, la NBA et la MLB
- Les jeux de l'élite comme les Olympiques, les Jeux Pan Am et les Jeux du Canada
- L'enseignement ou la recherche dans des universités et des collèges
- L’athlétisme amateur, scolaire et universitaire
- Les compagnies de danse professionnelles
- La vente et le marketing de produits de marques (performance et rééducation)
- Les administrations municipales et les industries
- L'industrie de l'assurance
Athletic Therapy sort of found me in a way. In 1983 I wanted to go to university, actually, I had wanted to go to community college for radio and television arts, and my father nixed that idea!
I was training for my second Canada Summer Games as a field hockey athlete and wanted to address some lingering injuries. I saw a sign for athletic therapy while waiting for my initial assessment with a physio. Made sense for me to go to an athletic therapist as opposed to a physio since I was an athlete and I needed to address my chronic injuries.
Growing up playing competitive sports in Malaysia, we didn’t have any sports injury management protocols or personnel which resulted in many of us not having the appropriate care and rehab after injury and I chose AT because I wanted to help athletes achieve their goal in life without having re-injuries that forces them to retire.
Like many of us, I have always been passionate about sport. When it came time to think about “what do you want to do with your life” I began searching for different medical/sport related professions.