Careers in Athletic Therapy
Highly trained and versatile, Certified Athletic Therapists can be found in environments such as:
- Private sports medicine and therapy clinics
- Professional sports, such as the NHL, CFL, NBA, MLB
- Elite games, such as the Olympics, Pan Am, Canada Games
- Teaching or research at universities and colleges
- High school, amateur and varsity athletics
- Professional dance companies
- Sales and marketing for performance and rehabilitation brands
- Municipal government and industrial workplaces
- Insurance industry
During my first semester at the University of Guelph I was walking around campus and got lost. I ended up at the AT clinic at the football stadium and met Gunner.
I originally wanted to be a sport medicine physician but after babysitting for a couple who were both doctors, I decided to go in another direction.
Raised in Burlington, Erin completed her high school diploma at Notre Dame Secondary school. She graduated in 2000 from the University of Western Ontario with a Bachelor of Arts in Kinesiology.
Stewart graduated from Acadia University in 1995 with his Bachelor of Science. He then went on to Sheridan College to study Athletic Therapy graduating with honors in 1999.