CATA Education and Research Foundation
The CATA Education and Research Foundation is non-profit charitable organization pursuant to the Canada Corporations Act. The Foundation was created due to the demand for education and research of the physically active Canadian population. The mission statement of the Foundation is to promote safe playing and participation environments and conditions through education and research of and for physically active Canadians.
The goals and objectives of the Foundation are:
- To advance the knowledge-base for the health care of the physically active population.
- To encourage scientific research among professionals such as certified athletic therapists, which focuses on improving the health care of the physically active population.
- To provide a forum for exchange of ideas in areas pertaining to health care of the physically active population.
- To provide educational programs and materials that allows certified athletic therapists and other healthcare professionals to obtain new knowledge in areas pertaining to the health care of the physically active population.
- To provide guidelines and serve as a resource to physically active individuals and those who provide their health care to help both recognize the importance of injury prevention, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation.
- To provide scholarships for undergraduate and graduate students of athletic therapy.
- To plan and implement an endowment fund to support the research and educational goals of the Foundation.